Coaching is vital to the success of players and teams. At Kissing Point FC, we support and develop volunteer coaches, and make use of professional coaches through XLR8 Player Development (the development arm of the Northern Suburbs Football Association).
Broadly, a volunteer coach will:
- Prepare and deliver safe, organised and engaging training sessions, in conjunction with XLR8
- Give fair opportunities to all to play and learn football skills, and to gain experience of all positions
- Promote respect for referees and opposition players
- Encourage players to attend all training sessions and arrive at matches 30 minutes prior to kickoff
- Encourage fair play, team cohesion, commitment and fun
- Consider the health and well-being of players
Throughout the season XLR8 assists Kissing Point FC with:
- Trials for NSFA SAP League, Super League, Diamond League
- Grading days for MiniRoos and Juniors
- Collaborative coaching program for all MiniRoos teams (see below)
- Team coaching for all SAP League, Super League and Diamond League (training sessions and games).
- Skills programs
In the off-season, XLR8 holiday clinics and skills clinics are available to all.
“Collaborative coaching” means an XLR8 coach mentor is present during weekly training sessions to assist, mentor and provide guidance to our volunteer coaches. Volunteer coaches have an easy to follow training plan, as well as ‘on-the-job’ support.
We strongly advise all volunteer coaches and assistant coaches to do a pre-season course. Courses are free and held in the evenings or on weekends to fit in with working parents. Some components are online and others are practical/in-person.
|Course (click to register)||For|
|Grassroots Course||U6-U8 coaches|
|Skills Training Course||U9-U13 coaches|
|Game Training Course||U14-U16 coaches|
|Other coach courses|
“Inspire FC” coach support program
The “Inspire FC” program supports 1,100+ NSFA coaches on a weekly basis. Each week members receive an e-newsletter with session plans, videos, coaching tips, articles and a blog post. The Inspire FC app is like having an expert coaching mentor in your pocket.
The content is always relevant and easy to digest. There is a database of content covering each phase of development. It’s free – sign up here.
To find out more about coaching at Kissing Point FC, read below.
|Coaching with Kissing Point FC||All coaches||Read at leisure.|
|Coaching Development with Kissing Point FC||Coaches looking for more in-depth coaching information.||Read at leisure.|
Ready to get started as a coach?
- If you don’t already have one, obtain a Working With Children number and email it to us. Instructions here.
- If you don’t already have one, create a Football Account.
- Register with Kissing Point and choose ‘coach’ as the Volunteer Type.
- Sign up for “Inspire”, the e-newsletter for coaches developed by NSFA.
Our Club Coach Coordinators are volunteers who support our coaches. They set up information nights, inform coaches about available courses, and are always available to assist with enquiries. If you would like to get in touch, please email our CCC Miniroos or our CCC Junior competition.