U6-U18 teams will commence their matches from the weekend of 4/5 July. As yet, no start date has been announced for senior teams.
For training place/times refer to http://kpfc.asn.au/training-schedule/
Training schedule changes
We have had to change the training schedule to limit the number of people at each training session. For many teams, this means a new day/time for training. Thank you for your understanding. We apologise if your family’s schedule is impacted by these changes.
In most cases, teams will have to train in two groups (less than ten in each). As a result, teams will need both a coach and an assistant coach. If you can help out, please contact your team’s manager.
Health and Safety at Training
We all have a serious responsibility to keep each other safe at training. Your health and safety is our highest priority and we must all follow the Football NSW Guidelines for a safe return to football. We therefore ask that everyone reads the FNSW guidelines here https://footballnsw.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Return-to-Training-Guidelines-FNSW.pdf
The club will provide sanitiser and signage at training grounds, and will have ground managers during training nights ensuring the safety of everyone.
We need everyone to adhere to the following:
- Where possible, only one parent (no siblings) to attend drop off & pick up for training. Travel light.
- Commit to the philosophy of ‘get in, train, get out’. Be dressed and ready to go before you come to the ground. Leave the venue as soon as possible after training.
- Parents are not to gather in groups at training. Remember social distancing.
- Do not use showers or change rooms at venues.
- Members feeling ill should stay at home and not attend training.
- Players with signs of illness or cold symptoms will be directed not to train and will be sent home immediately.
- Coaches are recommended not to use bibs or keeper gloves.
- Drink bottles must be clearly labelled, space them out from other players on the sideline for training breaks. No sharing of bottles.
- Coaches must keep to start and finish times, no extensions.
- Coaches will enforce a strict ‘no touching rule’, including no high fives, fist bumps, etc.
- Coaches will conduct sessions that are low-contact.
- The use of hand sanitiser is encouraged.
Managers, be sure you have contact details for your players. It is highly recommended that you set up a team-management app such as Teamer or Teamstuff. Many teams also have a WhatsApp group. Please be sure everyone in your team knows when/where to go for training, preplan splitting into groups before training if there will be more than 10 people including the coach in a group, and keep a record of groups at training each week.
You will need to modify your training sessions to accommodate the government guidelines; in particular to adhere to 10 people groups. Refer to INSPIRE coaching sessions tailored for this. All coaches please sign up for this great resource. We will also be arranging some seminars online for information for new coaches (particularly for U6/U7s) and more generally for guidance on how to train from NSFA over the next week. Please contact Aron email@example.com and watchout on Facebook for details.
Volunteers, coaches, managers: register and provide WWC
Please ensure you have registered as a coach/manager, and obtain/send a valid Working With Children number and Date of Birth to our Member Protection Officer, Peter Tate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure your player has soccer boots, shin pads, Kisso shorts and socks. Check out http://kpfc.asn.au/merchandise/ for details, including our NEW training jacket and our fleecy hoodies. Get in quick to grab one of these – stock is limited. For any enquiries about kit, email Rochelle at email@example.com
Just a heads-up that when the season gets going, we will be rostering teams on to both set-up and pack-down nets at Auluba, Howson and Comenarra. Your manager will have details when the time comes. If there are any volunteers that would like to help out, or Duke of Edinbugh Program students, looking for a highly valuable way you can help at the club, please contact Chris Merrigan at firstname.lastname@example.org
We need everyone to be registered to be covered by insurance to train, so please ensure you are paid in full for fees. The club will look into partial refunds once we know the season length (assuming the season will be shortened) and our club costs.
As always, if you have any queries or concerns please give me a call (0410528575) or email, or contact Tanya email@example.com
Andrew Frost on behalf of the Kissing Point FC Committee